Skip to main content

I keep getting this when trying to write to an ESRI FGDB: "Unable to remove existing dataset at location `.......' for writer `GEODATABASE_FILE_1'.

Any suggestions?

There was a lock on the FGDB which was moved but then I get this when run:

"Translation FAILED.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

File "c:\\program files (x86)\\arcgis\\desktop10.5\\arcpy\\arcpy\\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>

from arcpy.geoprocessing import gp

File "c:\\program files (x86)\\arcgis\\desktop10.5\\arcpy\\arcpy\\geoprocessing\\__init__.py", line 14, in <module>

from _base import *

File "c:\\program files (x86)\\arcgis\\desktop10.5\\arcpy\\arcpy\\geoprocessing\\_base.py", line 14, in <module>

import arcgisscripting

ImportError: No module named arcgisscripting"

Hi @charlesbanks

Can you change the Python Compatibility parameter of your workspace to the ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (2.7) and rerun your workspace? Does the error still appear?

There was a lock on the FGDB which was moved but then I get this when run:

"Translation FAILED.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<string>", line 1, in <module>

File "c:\\program files (x86)\\arcgis\\desktop10.5\\arcpy\\arcpy\\__init__.py", line 22, in <module>

from arcpy.geoprocessing import gp

File "c:\\program files (x86)\\arcgis\\desktop10.5\\arcpy\\arcpy\\geoprocessing\\__init__.py", line 14, in <module>

from _base import *

File "c:\\program files (x86)\\arcgis\\desktop10.5\\arcpy\\arcpy\\geoprocessing\\_base.py", line 14, in <module>

import arcgisscripting

ImportError: No module named arcgisscripting"

Hi @charlesbanks

Can you change the Python Compatibility parameter of your workspace to the ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (2.7) and rerun your workspace? Does the error still appear?

DebbiAtSafe, Thanks. That worked.