Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm working on creating a workspace with ESRI Geodb reader(or Feature reader) and writer for creating zipped shapefiles (with dynamic naming convention to zipped shapefile like yyyymmddhh_export for every run on schedule). The idea here is to have 'yyyymmddhh' dynamically updated for filenames whenever it is created on a schedule.

Finally upload those files to SFTP server on a schedule.

I've tried this in FME 2019.2 with using FeatureWriter and ZipArchive transformers, but not quite there yet. Finally to upload to SFTP, not sure if FTPCaller is better option or Automation with 'Upload to SFTP' action is viable options.

Please suggest if any ideas. Thanks!

Hi @fmeuser_gc,

you can direct zip your shape by setting the name of your shape "yyyymmddhh.zip" on the shape writer. For the upload you can do the upload with booth solution. Now I work with fme 2018 and I don't have automation...

Hi @fmeuser_gc,

you can direct zip your shape by setting the name of your shape "yyyymmddhh.zip" on the shape writer. For the upload you can do the upload with booth solution. Now I work with fme 2018 and I don't have automation...

thanks @giosp, but that naming has to be dynamic, not for just single run. So, setting the name as you shown may not be appropriate.