Skip to main content

I have 63 facilities (points) and I would like to create a 20km service area polygon for each of these points using the ArcGISOnlineServiceAreaCalculator transformer. I've never used this transformer before, but was very happy I found it because I had previously been using the Network Analyst tool within ArcGIS Pro and wanted to move my process to FME.

I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. I'm using the same parameters that I would use on ArcGIS Pro but my output on FME is not a polygon - rather it is a point/IFMEMultiPoint. This is a custom transformer so I'm wondering if maybe it isn't compatible with FME 2020 or has a bug? Or am I missing something else?

Here are the parameters:

And here is an example of the output if I just use 3 facilities:

There is only one 'service area' even though there are 3 facilities.

The attributes passed through are only for the first facility. However, there are 3 vertices, one for each facility.

The translation log returns a few warnings (different every time I run it)

- ArcGISOnlineServiceAreaCalculator_Clipper_Solid (SolidIntersectionFactory): Group 1 / 1: No clipper supplied, all clipees will be treated as OUTSIDE

- Check that fanout/dynamic feature type attribute exists and has a value

Is this an error with the transformer, or is there something else that I need to do to get the correct output?

Be the first to reply!