Skip to main content

I installed AutoCAD 3D Map 2019 and FME Desktop 2018 Win 64 for a user this morning. He also uses Smallworld.

He's getting this error message: "This FME edition
does not recognize the `SWORLDSWAF' writer. Please ensure that the current
platform supports this writer, the writer name is spelled correctly, and that
you have installed all required plug-ins."

Honestly, I know nothing about FME. I never even heard of it until this morning, so I'm reaching out for help. Is it possible that the server software (which I don't have access to) needs upgrading? Smallworld runs on Java, so could an old version of Java be the problem? I doubt he had a very old version though. The PC is running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Thank you.

There is a special FME edition for Smallworld. That is, the version comes with the license. So I would expect that your user doesn't have the right license.

There is a special FME edition for Smallworld. That is, the version comes with the license. So I would expect that your user doesn't have the right license.

@lars_de_vries Thank you very much for your reply. I'm looking on the downloads page but I don't see this version.

I think I found it.

https://www.safe.com/solutions/for-applications/ge-smallworld/

But the 'free trial' link doesn't work. :)

Hi, @lesduffy. Can you access this page to request the SmallWorld Version trial license?

Also to help configure FME to work with Smallworld, we have this detailed article with configuration options, which can hopefully help you.

Hi,

Apart from details provided by others, FME for GE smallworld will work only on 32-bit (both windows and FME). Kindly refer the link below...

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_ReadersWriters/sworldswaf/quick_facts_sworldswaf.htm

@lars_de_vries Thank you very much for your reply. I'm looking on the downloads page but I don't see this version.
It is not a seperate version that can be downloaded, the rights are inside the license file.