Skip to main content

Hi,

I am using S3ObjectLister and S3Downloader to connect to a bucket, download data and process it. I have two bucket setup in two different regions (ap-southeast-2) and ca-central-1. When I use settings for first region it works fine but when I change settings for region 2 i.e ca-central-1 (which is not available in transfomer's region drop down) S3ObjectLister rejects to connect and gives me follow errors

fme_rejection_code: ERROR_CLIENT

fme_rejection_message: fme_rejection_message (encoded: UTF-8): Not able to determine region for ca-central-1.Please upgrade to a newer version of the SDK

I am not sure how to access bucket setup for ca-central-1. I have tested bucket setting and it is responding well and tried using different regions with with bucket setup for ca-central-1 I get different error code 301.

Hi @umar.iqbal, unfortunately, the ca-central-1 region is not available in the S3ObjectLister & S3Downloader.

But we added all new regions to the new S3Connector transformer which is currently available in FME 2019.0 Beta and will be replacing the existing S3 Transformers in the upcoming FME 2019 release.

Hi @umar.iqbal, unfortunately, the ca-central-1 region is not available in the S3ObjectLister & S3Downloader.

But we added all new regions to the new S3Connector transformer which is currently available in FME 2019.0 Beta and will be replacing the existing S3 Transformers in the upcoming FME 2019 release.

Hi @GerhardAtSafe, thanks for clarifying on the ca-central-1 region availability issue in S3ObjectLister & S3Downloader.

Can you point to any nearby region I can use like 'us-west-2' or 'us-west-1' ?

And when you say new S3Connector transformer replacing existing S3 Transformers, do you mean S3ObjectLister and S3Downloader wont be available to use any more ? Can you point to some documentation on how to use S3Connector for objectListing and downloader please ? Regards, Umar

Hi @GerhardAtSafe, thanks for clarifying on the ca-central-1 region availability issue in S3ObjectLister & S3Downloader.

Can you point to any nearby region I can use like 'us-west-2' or 'us-west-1' ?

And when you say new S3Connector transformer replacing existing S3 Transformers, do you mean S3ObjectLister and S3Downloader wont be available to use any more ? Can you point to some documentation on how to use S3Connector for objectListing and downloader please ? Regards, Umar

'us-west-2', 'us-west-1' & 'us-east-1' are all supported in the S3ObjectLister and S3Downloader.

The S3Connector supports listing, downloading, uploading & deleting in 1 single transformer. Here's the documentation:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/2019.0/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/s3connector.htm?

'us-west-2', 'us-west-1' & 'us-east-1' are all supported in the S3ObjectLister and S3Downloader.

The S3Connector supports listing, downloading, uploading & deleting in 1 single transformer. Here's the documentation:

https://docs.safe.com/fme/2019.0/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Transformers/Transformers/s3connector.htm?
Thanks for referring to S3Connector documentation. Is there a planned date for stable release with S3Connector ?
Thanks for referring to S3Connector documentation. Is there a planned date for stable release with S3Connector ?

FME 2019.0 should be available around mid-March this year.

FME 2019.0 should be available around mid-March this year.

Good to know about release plan. Do we need to upgrade FME server as well or the new transformer get support out of script with older version of FME Server ? In our case its FME(R) 2018.1.0.3 (20180926 - Build 18552 - WIN64)

Good to know about release plan. Do we need to upgrade FME server as well or the new transformer get support out of script with older version of FME Server ? In our case its FME(R) 2018.1.0.3 (20180926 - Build 18552 - WIN64)

You will have to upgrade both to use the new transformer. Existing workspaces with old transformers will still work as usual.