Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting to a public S3 bucket. I have a file i would like to download from this bucket however when configuring the S3 connector transformer I get the error message 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'. I have upgraded the transformer and i'm using FME 2019.1. Screen shots of the configuration  and translation log error message below.

Any help or guidance greatly appreciated.

0684Q00000ArB3yQAF.png

0684Q00000ArB5KQAV.png

File "contextlib.py", line 112, in __enter__
  File "C:\Program Files\FME 2019\python\pypac\api.py", line 273, in pac_context_for_url
    pac = get_pac()
  File "C:\Program Files\FME 2019\python\pypac\api.py", line 57, in get_pac
    return PACFile(downloaded_pac, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files\FME 2019\python\pypac\parser.py", line 62, in __init__
    context.FindProxyForURL('/', '0.0.0.0')
  File "C:\Program Files\FME 2019\python\js2py\base.py", line 1120, in __call__
    return to_python(parent._obj.callprop(meth, *args))
  File "C:\Program Files\FME 2019\python\js2py\base.py", line 939, in callprop
    return cand.call(self, args)
  File "C:\Program Files\FME 2019\python\js2py\base.py", line 1343, in call
    return Js(self.code(*args))
  File "<EvalJS snippet>", line 17, in PyJsHoisted_FindProxyForURL_
  File "C:\Program Files\FME 2019\python\js2py\base.py", line 899, in __call__
    return self.call(self.GlobalObject, args)
  File "C:\Program Files\FME 2019\python\js2py\base.py", line 1343, in call
    return Js(self.code(*args))
  File "C:\Program Files\FME 2019\python\pypac\parser_functions.py", line 52, in shExpMatch
    return fnmatch(_to_py(host).lower(), _to_py(pattern).lower())
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'
Error encountered while calling method `input'
S3Connector_CALLER (PythonFactory): PythonFactory failed to process feature

Are you perhaps behind a proxy that is configured using a proxy.pac file? If yes, would it be possible to try using a direct proxy (no proxy.pac script)? I ask because I've seen some proxy.pac scripts getting too advanced for FME on some occasions.

Hi @clang, we updated our PyPac library for FME 2019.2 after reports of a similar issue. Could you try upgrading to FME 2019.2 and let us know if this fixed the problem?

If the problem still persists, please send a report via https://www.safe.com/support/

Thanks!

Hi @clang, we updated our PyPac library for FME 2019.2 after reports of a similar issue. Could you try upgrading to FME 2019.2 and let us know if this fixed the problem?

If the problem still persists, please send a report via https://www.safe.com/support/

Thanks!

Hi, i have downloaded the latest version of FME 2019.2.2.0 however I still get a similar error message. I have tried raising a report a ticket however when I go to submit I get an error message 'An error occurred on server'.

Are you perhaps behind a proxy that is configured using a proxy.pac file? If yes, would it be possible to try using a direct proxy (no proxy.pac script)? I ask because I've seen some proxy.pac scripts getting too advanced for FME on some occasions.

Hi David, Thanks for the suggestion, admittedly my knowledge on proxy's is pretty limited. I switch from 'Use System Proxy Settings' to 'No Proxy', however this didn't rectify the issue. Is there something more i need to do?

Hi David, Thanks for the suggestion, admittedly my knowledge on proxy's is pretty limited. I switch from 'Use System Proxy Settings' to 'No Proxy', however this didn't rectify the issue. Is there something more i need to do?

Leave the FME Options on "Use system proxy settings", the look at the Windows proxy settings: https://helpdeskgeek.com/networking/internet-connection-problem-proxy-settings/

Depending on your organization, you may have to involve IT.

Leave the FME Options on "Use system proxy settings", the look at the Windows proxy settings: https://helpdeskgeek.com/networking/internet-connection-problem-proxy-settings/

Depending on your organization, you may have to involve IT.

Thanks for the quick response, looks like i don't have access to modify my proxy settings understandably. I'll see what safe come back with and maybe test this from home.

Hi, i have downloaded the latest version of FME 2019.2.2.0 however I still get a similar error message. I have tried raising a report a ticket however when I go to submit I get an error message 'An error occurred on server'.

@clang Sorry about the issue with the support system. Can you send us an email to

@clang Sorry about the issue with the support system. Can you send us an email to

Thanks Gerhard I've just sent the email off

Upgrading to FME 2019.2 and modifying the proxy pac file allowed me to connect to the AWS web bucket. Thanks you David and Gerhard.