Skip to main content

Hi Guys,

I have excel table with Road Names. There is a column that contains Names of all the streets and there are instances where they are repeating number of times. I tried using Testfilter to parse out the Roads that I am interested in but it didnt work for me. I am wondering what is the best way to go about doing this in FME.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Do you just mean you have multiple rows with the same Street Name and you wish to only have a single instance? The duplicate filter can help you here

if you are only interested in specific street names which are attribute values then the test filter transformer is the way to go, can you post a sample of your data?

Thank you for your input guys. I actually found a pretty cool way to do it. Using the Testfilter, I used the Regular expression to get the Streets that I was interested it in.

I have another question related to this same process. Now that I have the street names I need, I want to strip them so I only have the street names and not street types. So I dont want "Avenue", "Bay", "Road", etc.

What would be the best way to do that?

I have another question related to this same process. Now that I have the street names I need, I want to strip them so I only have the street names and not street types. So I dont want "Avenue", "Bay", "Road", etc.

What would be the best way to do that?

The StringReplacer (regular expression mode) with this setting might help you.

• Text to Replace: ^(.+)\\s+(Avenue|Bay|Road)$
  • Replacement Text: \\1