Skip to main content

Is it possible to restore the cached data from a ran workbench that has been closed or crashed? I am running a heavy dataset (10s of millions of features) and it takes several hours to run. As I troubleshoot the workbench after, I am bouncing around between the cached inspectors for each transformer. My workbench has been crashing often in this process, and I wish I could re-open it and get back to the full cached state without having to re-run it.

After running the workspace successfully with caching turned on, you can then save the workspace as a template. This should save the cached features in the template file.image

If you're still in the testing/dev phase, could another approach be to run it over a subset of your data? This will provide many benefits, one of which being less waiting around for the process to finish!

If thats not possible, another approach could be using the recorder and player transformers (essentially a ffs writer and reader in disguise). You can segment your workbench into smaller section and run to the recorder, then the following day you can pick back up by using the player to read in the data saved from the recorder