Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a model where the readers change a lot so I have to update regularly but I have noticed that it does not work through the update reader.

The only thing that works is save the fme model, close it and open it again.

Am I the only one who bothers that?

I'm working with FME(R) 2019.0.0.0 (20190328 - Build 19238 - WIN64)

Hi @nath,

Am I understanding correctly that you need to update your source data in your workspace regularly but it doesn't seem to be working through updating the reader?

If so, can you confirm that when you right click on the reader and select Update Reader, that you have Update Reader and Feature Types checked?

As I understand it, this ensures that it's updating the actual data being read and not just the format to the latest version.

If that it isn't it, would you be able to outline a few steps to reproduce the behaviour that you're getting, and what format you're working with? Or if you're able to share a sample workspace template, I'd be happy to give it a try on my end as well.

Hi,

You are correct, but i don't have the option to right click on the reader and select Update Reader. It's a postgis reader. So i use the option from in the menu "Readers" following by "Update Feature types"

Hi,

You are correct, but i don't have the option to right click on the reader and select Update Reader. It's a postgis reader. So i use the option from in the menu "Readers" following by "Update Feature types"

Hi @nath,

I forgot to mention that you should be able to access the Update Reader option, even for Postigis, if you right click on the reader from the Navigator pane rather than directly on the feature type on the canvas. The resulting dialog will look like the screenshot I shared below. Hope that helps!