Skip to main content

Dear FME friends,

I am using FME 2016 64-bit 16174. My workspace throws up an error with the following message.

0.0|ERROR |No specified layers were found in MapInfo Dataset

I removed the readers and inserted them again. Still do not read. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Have you tired reading it in a new workspace?

Hi,

Yep, tried. Still it is not reading. 487491 MapInfo LINE objects present in this 26 mb file.

It certainly worked before in the same workspace that I am trying to run.

Now, even a simple translation is not successful.

Hi,

I am going to install the latest 32-bit version and try this.

Did you try viewing the dataset using FME Data Inspector (64 bit)?

very annoying! Any luck after restarting the machine and purging the temp files (Tools > Purge Temporary Files)?

@thiru I would also recommend contacting safe about this issue, hopefully they can have a look at it too.

@thiru I would also recommend contacting safe about this issue, hopefully they can have a look at it too.

Yes, I think this is a good idea. However, that particular reader uses a library from MapInfo that we have no control over. If the problem is in there we will report it to them, but there is no way to know when it would get fixed.

An alternative solution is to use the MapInfo (MITAB) reader. It should read the MapInfo data almost identically, but may not have the same problem as the MapInfo (MAPINFO) reader.

Yes, I think this is a good idea. However, that particular reader uses a library from MapInfo that we have no control over. If the problem is in there we will report it to them, but there is no way to know when it would get fixed.

An alternative solution is to use the MapInfo (MITAB) reader. It should read the MapInfo data almost identically, but may not have the same problem as the MapInfo (MAPINFO) reader.

Using the MITAB reader fixes the issue. Great tip. Thanks @Mark2AtSafe

very annoying! Any luck after restarting the machine and purging the temp files (Tools > Purge Temporary Files)?

Thanks @itay for your suggestions. Appreciate your time and efforts in suggesting workarounds. Was on break, back at work today.

Hi @thiru . Do you have MapInfo? Have you tried opening the file with MapInfo ? Sometimes it is just that the file is corrupted.