Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to get the information on files stored in ProjectWise. I am using FME 2020.1.

However, the ProjectWiseConnector, seems to be unable to get all attributes, i.e. Version and Status.

Also tried custom ProjectWiseNavigationHierarchyRetriver, which looks to be able to work with all attributes, but only works with API v.1.2 and 1.3 and we are on 2.4.

Are there any other transformers or a newer version of the above that could read all file attributes?

Many thanks

Magda

Hi @wilczekmj,

Unfortunately the ProjectwiseWSGConnector doesn't currently read all metadata attributes. If Version and Status are one of the metadata attributes, we do have an internal enhancement request, tracked as (FMEENGINE-60863) to improve this, but there's no timeline on it currently. It may help the enhancement to gain traction by posting and upvoting a new idea in our Ideas page. I've made a note in our internal issue and I'll update this post as soon as it has been addressed.

In the meantime, if ProjectWiseNavigationHierarchyRetriever does grab the attributes that you want, one potential avenue to explore is to right-click and edit the transformer on your canvas. This will open up a new tab where you can edit the transformer, and if you dig into the new 2.4 API documentation by Projectwise, you may be able to update the transformer yourself (look for an HTTPCaller).

The HUB transformer appears to be owned by another community member, so you could also try commenting on the download to ping the owner directly to see if they may be able help. The same user created a ProjectWiseDataSourceRetriever, which looks more recently updated with a few api versions, it might be worth checking that out as well for API reference help.

Sorry for the inconvenience but hope that provides some ideas!

Thank you Jovita.