Skip to main content

Hi,

Using fme workbench I am writing(fan out) dwg files. Some of the filename has arabic character which fme is not able to write. following is the message

ERROR |AutoCAD Writer: An error occurred for dataset 'D:\\Projects\\Filegdb_to_AutoCad\\Output-dwg\\?????? ????.dwg', in function RealDWGWriter::saveDatabaseAs: 'eFilerError'

Note: fme is able to write arabic attribute as OD without any issue but the cannot create file.

I am on windows 10 arabic enable OS. I can create arabic filename outside fme.

Any solution or workaround.

Regards

Just out of curiousity, can you create a DWG file with arabic characters in the filename when you're not using a fanout? How about other formats?

Just out of curiousity, can you create a DWG file with arabic characters in the filename when you're not using a fanout? How about other formats?

Hi,

Tried with csv file output but same issue, So its not fanout or dwg.

Hi,

Tried with csv file output but same issue, So its not fanout or dwg.

I don't expect this to make any difference but it's worth a try:

Use a FeatureWriter transformer rather than a DWG writer. It should use the same code, but you never know...

If it persists I would recommend getting in touch with the support staff at your local reseller or Safe directly.

I don't expect this to make any difference but it's worth a try:

Use a FeatureWriter transformer rather than a DWG writer. It should use the same code, but you never know...

If it persists I would recommend getting in touch with the support staff at your local reseller or Safe directly.

Even the FeatureWriter did not help.