Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm implementing a workflow where I need to move data from a file geodatabase to a versioned SDE geodatabase. In this workflow, I need to keep GlobalID values while moving records from source to destination.

I set the "Preserve GlobalID" to "Yes", but I'm getting the following error:

"Could not unregister GlobalID column 'GlobalID' in table 'Table_Name'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147212936'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {Unregister GlobalID column is not supported for versioned or replicated data.}"

Appreciate if you guide me to any solution or workaround for that.

Thanks

The feature class has to be unversioned for it to work.

You could use a python script to kill the database locks, un-version, load data, re-version, and recreate versions. If it's a multi-editor environment you'd have to do a nightly job since everyone else would have a lock on the feature class.

The feature class has to be unversioned for it to work.

You could use a python script to kill the database locks, un-version, load data, re-version, and recreate versions. If it's a multi-editor environment you'd have to do a nightly job since everyone else would have a lock on the feature class.

Thanks @jlbaker2779 for your reply. But I'm not sure if this can be done, specially in a data production environment.

I'm aware that one purpose of schema locks is to maintain the consistency of the data and versions. But the "Unregister GlobalID" operation is required only while inserting new records with their original GlobalID. Existing records will only be updated if necessary.

Is there any other way to achieve this scenario?

Thanks again!

Thanks @jlbaker2779 for your reply. But I'm not sure if this can be done, specially in a data production environment.

I'm aware that one purpose of schema locks is to maintain the consistency of the data and versions. But the "Unregister GlobalID" operation is required only while inserting new records with their original GlobalID. Existing records will only be updated if necessary.

Is there any other way to achieve this scenario?

Thanks again!

Don't think there's a way around it in the FME writer. Possibly a python script? I've always avoided using auto generated ID columns and generated one with a GUIDGenerator as a text string and relate everything that way.

Writer info;

Esri Geodatabase (ArcSDE Geodb) Writer Parameters

This parameter determines whether to copy the GlobalIDs from the source table to the destination table or generate new ones for the destination table. The destination must be an unversioned ArcSDE geodatabase to support preservation of GlobalIDs.

For my use, it simplifies the writing by using a text column GUID because in some cases I'm not the originator of the ID. The ID can come from any number of sources outside of the geodatabase.