Skip to main content

I am attempting to convert a DWG file to an ESRI Shapefile for use in Arcmap and ArcGIS online. The placement of the shapefiles seems to come out ok, however some of the geometry is missing. Just pieces of layers.

An inspector was added to the workbench and the geometry looked just fine in it. This has been attempted in both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of workbench.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Hi @pelicanfabricat

First I see that your Reader ( DWG ) has Text and in Shapefile is not permitted to write Text file.

In my opinion is very important to ckeck the Reader, are you able to share us the Workspace template ( FMWT ) ?

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi,

I think, you are referring to lines missing at the bottom. Check list to ensure...

1. Are you sure that you have migrated all the layers... If yes, kindly check layer by layer wise.

2. Ensure the count (layer wise) at the point of reading is matching while writing as well as check whether they have written in ArcMap.

3. It may be size constraint in shape file too, so check the size of shape file after writing

If all the above are correct as per your knowledge then it needs to be reviewed further along with your data.

Pratap