Skip to main content

I am trying to manually geocode some addresses, and am having a hard time developing the correct workflow to acheive this.
I have a dataset coming from a SQL database that is full of addresses with unknown coordinates.
I am geocoding with a CSV file that I have created that contains the addresses compiled from county auditor websites with the associated latitude and longitude fields for each address.

I am starting with FeatureMerger because if both address fields are an exact match then this works perfect. -- address geocoded successfully.

However some addresses will not match based on different suffix types. (i.e. ROAD vs. RD or HIGHWAY vs HWY)
I have added a string replacer transformer to the workflow to trim off the suffixes that could eliminate the addresses from matching via a rubular expression.

The part I am struggling with is how do I compare these fields again after I have trimmed off the various suffixes?
I have attached a picture of my workflow.

Hi @ethanheidtman

Looking at the way you currently have your workspace set up with the StringReplacer connected after the FeatureMerger, you would need to add a second FeatureMerger after the StringReplacer to re-merge the two datasets with the fixed up suffixes.

I think the simplest option would be to place the StringReplacer before the FeatureMerger to fix up those issues before they go into the FeatureMerger.