Skip to main content

Has anyone encountered issues with 4-band jp2000 files written by FME Server crashing in Kakadu?

The error is:

"A `jp2_channels' object indicates the presence of "

"more colour channels than the number which is associated with the "

"specified colour space. This may happen while reading a JP2-family "

"data source which contains an illegal channel definitions (cdef) "

"box, or it may happen while writing a JP2-family file if the "

"`jp2_channels' object has been incorrectly initialized."

Not familiar with Kakadu, however, I have had some issues with rasters from FME sometimes. How was the image created - Just with the writer or is it a texture? Have you tried loading the image in other applications?

Not familiar with Kakadu, however, I have had some issues with rasters from FME sometimes. How was the image created - Just with the writer or is it a texture? Have you tried loading the image in other applications?

It's just the writer, 0 compression, profile 0. Images load in ArcMap, QGIS, and Erdas Imagine. They don't load in current versions of Photoshop.

Hi @jdh​ and thank you for your post!

Are you getting the same errors when writing directly from FME Workbench? From FME Flow (formerly Server), how are you using the workspace (e.g. in automation, an app, etc.)? If possible are you able to share the workspace you have (or a sample of it) and a sample input file so that I can do some tests on my end? If you can also confirm what version/build of FME (workbench and server) that would be great!

Thank you! Kate

It's just the writer, 0 compression, profile 0. Images load in ArcMap, QGIS, and Erdas Imagine. They don't load in current versions of Photoshop.

Weird - Perhaps there is something in the files which isn't supported. You can try and use this tool to see if anything jumps out: https://jpylyzer.openpreservation.org/

I'd compare an image that works in Photoshop vs one that doesn't.

We had an issue with Tiff images which were created by Photoshop. The images were structured in an inefficient way (at least according to their metadata). Gdal was failing to properly read it.