Skip to main content

Hello

I could extract the IfcRelSpaceBoundary using the Deprecated reader. However, it doesn't have any geometry. There is an attribute (Connection geometry) which refers to the instance_name of the related geometry but I can't retrieve this geometry. Is there any way to extract the geometry of IfcRelSpaceBoundary in FME?

@daveatsafe

Hi @mbarzegar,

I don't think those features have geometry, but are just a relationship between the boundary and the Space. In your reader settings, please ensure Read IfcSpace Geometries is set to Yes, then the desired should be on the IfcSpace features.

Hi @mbarzegar,

I don't think those features have geometry, but are just a relationship between the boundary and the Space. In your reader settings, please ensure Read IfcSpace Geometries is set to Yes, then the desired should be on the IfcSpace features.

Thank you for your quick response. They have an attribute (connection geometry) which refers to their related geometry. Actually I'm trying to extract faces of IfcSpace. I can do it in FME with GeometryCoercer but in order to visualize the results on web, I need GUID. However, the extracted faces with this method have the same GUID and they are not identified as a specific entity type in Ifc. I found that each IfcRelSpaceBoundary is equivalent to each face of the IfcSpace. As you see in Solibri model viewer I could select one face of the IfcSpace which is identified as space boundary and has the same GlobalId. Also, in FZKViewer I can see the attached geometry. Is there any way to extract these geometries as Solibri does?