Skip to main content

I have a workspace (attached to question) that writes leaders to a dwg template. As far as I can tell the template has no errors, but the resulting dwg has 2 errors and must be recovered to be opened. Has any one else encountered a problem like this? I have attached the workspace with the behavior described.

Not getting the errors.

All I did was set the FeatureWriter parameter to Autocad Version Release 2013 as I don't have 2018 or newer.

Maybe your Autocad instalment in corrupted or acad.dwt, or something else.

As long as you set the Audit and fix errors parameters to Yes you should not get such errors.

Not getting the errors.

All I did was set the FeatureWriter parameter to Autocad Version Release 2013 as I don't have 2018 or newer.

Maybe your Autocad instalment in corrupted or acad.dwt, or something else.

As long as you set the Audit and fix errors parameters to Yes you should not get such errors.

Thanks for looking into it, I recreated the template and I no longer get the errors I think it may be an issue with the creation version of autocad vs. the last saved version of autocad and then when the writer ACAD version is set to same as template the wrong version of autocad is selected during write time, this is my guess.

Hi @garydlester​ ,

While I don't receive an error when opening the template file, if I run an audit to fix the errors I repair the same number of items as in the file that FME writes.

I believe the error pops up when you are writing to a new file likely because of the third-party library that is used with the ACAD format and these objects are likely not supported. I noticed the audit reports a number of AEC related objects.

Another workaround would be to use the RealDWG format which uses libraries from Autodesk. I tested using the RealDWG for the writer and I did not receive the errors when opening the output file.