Skip to main content

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had any success reading data from the ArcGIS Online Living Atlas?

Thanks

Hi @n543,

most living atlas services can be read using FME. What you'll need to do, is to go to the page the service. Almost at the bottom of the page on the right side, you'll find a URL. Through this URL the service can be read using a ArcGIS Server Feature Server reader.

Hope this helps!

Hi @n543,

most living atlas services can be read using FME. What you'll need to do, is to go to the page the service. Almost at the bottom of the page on the right side, you'll find a URL. Through this URL the service can be read using a ArcGIS Server Feature Server reader.

Hope this helps!

Ah great thanks very much! I had been trying using the AGOL reader.

Hi @n543,

Hope this helps!

I'm trying to read the world countries layer but my request is timing out. What am i doing wring?

ArcGIS Feature Service Reader: Encountered an unexpected error. The error code from the server was '504' and the message was: 'Your request has timed out.'. Details: ''

Host URL:

https://services.arcgis.com/P3ePLMYs2RVChkJx/arcgis/rest/services/World_Countries/FeatureServer/

No authentication

I'm trying to read the world countries layer but my request is timing out. What am i doing wring?

ArcGIS Feature Service Reader: Encountered an unexpected error. The error code from the server was '504' and the message was: 'Your request has timed out.'. Details: ''

Host URL:

https://services.arcgis.com/P3ePLMYs2RVChkJx/arcgis/rest/services/World_Countries/FeatureServer/

No authentication

Hi @jimparker99

As recommended in our reader documentation, please try reducing the number for 'Features per Request' parameter found under the Advanced section if a timeout error is received.

I was able to successfully read all 655 features by reducing the number to 20.

Hi @jimparker99

As recommended in our reader documentation, please try reducing the number for 'Features per Request' parameter found under the Advanced section if a timeout error is received.

I was able to successfully read all 655 features by reducing the number to 20.

Thanks! Did the job