Skip to main content

When attempting to load in a VRT Raster, created with GDALBUILDVRT that is in Int8 Format, FME says it is invalid.

I am licensed to use the VRT format. I am using FME 2021. I am using the correct VRT Raster format when loading it into my workspace.

It seems rather strange that FME would not support VRTs in Int8 formats.

I am using GDAL 3.7.1-1 to create my Raster VRT's. Either using the commandline tool directly or manually creating VRT's in QGIS results in the same error.

GEOTIFF writer: Setting feature type level option 'geotiff_compression_method' to value 'deflate' for feature type 'changedetect'

GEOTIFF writer: Setting feature type level option 'geotiff_jpeg_compression_level' to value '25' for feature type 'changedetect'

GEOTIFF writer: Setting feature type level option 'geotiff_deflate_compression_level' to value '6' for feature type 'changedetect'

GEOTIFF writer: Setting feature type level option 'geotiff_zstd_compression_level' to value '9' for feature type 'changedetect'

GEOTIFF writer: Setting feature type level option 'geotiff_tab_file_generation' to value 'no' for feature type 'changedetect'

GEOTIFF writer: Setting feature type level option 'geotiff_enable_bigtiff' to value 'yes' for feature type 'changedetect'

GEOTIFF writer: Setting feature type level option 'geotiff_interleaving_type' to value 'BSQ' for feature type 'changedetect'

GEOTIFF writer: Setting feature type level option 'geotiff_byte_order' to value 'machine' for feature type 'changedetect'

GEOTIFF writer: Setting feature type level option 'geotiff_calculate_minmax_tifftags' to value 'no' for feature type 'changedetect'

VRT_RASTER reader: Invalid dataType = Int8

VRT_RASTER reader: Failed to retrieve data from the source dataset

Please see attached for example data. Loading the VRT_with_gdal_3.1.4 into FME works, while the others ones do not. All vrt's have been created using

gdalbuildvrt (vrtname).vrt *.tif -resolution highest

This is confirmed by SAFE to be a bug, and is now registered as issue

FMEENGINE-79087