Skip to main content

Hey there,

I'm new to FME, sorry if it is a newbie question.

My pipeline result is the following:

I would like to create a text file with the following structure grouped by Template_Prefix and Template_AttributeList:

:Template=$CM_FT_IndexBi

:TagName, Area, DailyInstantVolume.Direct.PV.InputSource, ......etc

<content of line#1 column "Value" here>

<content of line#2 column "Value" here>

<content of line#3 column "Value" here>

:Template=$CM_G_VV

:TagName, ActiveEnergy.PV.InputSource, Area, Description......etc

<content of line#4 column "Value" here>

<content of line#5 column "Value" here>

<content of line#6 column "Value" here>

<content of line#7 column "Value" here>

:Template=$CM_PT

....etc...

How would you approach it ?

Thank you for your help !

Best regards,

Oli

Have you tried using the StringConcatenator transformer?

Or the Text Editor in the AttributeCreator.

Both should have the possibility to create multi-line attributes.

Then write that multi-line attribute to the text file (name by default text_line_data).

Hope this helps.

Hi @h2o2, if I could understand your requirement correctly, this workflow might help you. Be aware that you need to set the connection runtime order at the output port of Attregator properly (right-click on the ourput port > Set Connection Runtime Order).

Hi @h2o2, if I could understand your requirement correctly, this workflow might help you. Be aware that you need to set the connection runtime order at the output port of Attregator properly (right-click on the ourput port > Set Connection Runtime Order).

Excellent ! Arigato Gozaemashita.....

This was exactly what I expected and I learnt a new feature also.....Thank you for taking time for making a clear mockup!

PS: Just struggling to find the "Connection Order" property that only shows up once there are at least two subsequent transformers (it makes sense actually)

Thank you.

Have you tried using the StringConcatenator transformer?

Or the Text Editor in the AttributeCreator.

Both should have the possibility to create multi-line attributes.

Then write that multi-line attribute to the text file (name by default text_line_data).

Hope this helps.

I'll have a look into those ones. Thank you for taking time to respond...

Short side question. It looks to insert extra "Carriage Return" characters (0x0A) although outputs just before the Text File Writer look OK. I don't see any reason nor parameters to filter it.....

Is this an expected behavior ?

It inserts 3 carriage returns at each new Template_Attribute_List:

Short side question. It looks to insert extra "Carriage Return" characters (0x0A) although outputs just before the Text File Writer look OK. I don't see any reason nor parameters to filter it.....

Is this an expected behavior ?

It inserts 3 carriage returns at each new Template_Attribute_List:

OK. I got it. I inserted an extra AttributeManager to Trim the AttributeList text_line_data prior to the File Writer.

Looks perfect now. Thank you again