Solved

How to create a INSPIRE GML without the gml:boundedBy-tag

• 12 October 2016
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I'd like to create a inspire GML-file (using the inspire GML writer) without the <gml:boundedBy>-tag.

<gml:boundedBy> <gml:Envelope srsName="EPSG:28992" srsDimension="3"> <gml:lowerCorner>96465.102 471796.29 0.00</gml:lowerCorner> <gml:upperCorner>145855.225 563146.105 0.00</gml:upperCorner> </gml:Envelope> </gml:boundedBy>

Is there a way to generate such a zipped gml (with the INSPIRE gml writer) without the above text/tag. How do I prevent my workbench from generating this tag.

Thanks in advance.

Bas Boers

icon

Best answer by takashi 12 October 2016, 11:42

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @bas_boers, just an idea. If you write the data into a file with the FeatureWriter (Format: INSPIRE GML), I think you can delete unnecessary elements from the resulting XML with the XMLUpdater transformer.

Badge +16

Hi @bas_boers, In the past I had to apply something very similar to the idea @takashi mentions, I am afraid that it is not possible to accomplish with the writer.

Thanks @takashi and @itay for your replies,

My problem following takashi's suggesion is that the gml:boundedBy-tag is no attribute that can be deleted using the xmlUpdater. I'll try another type of GML-writer instead to transfer my data to IMKL2015 application schema. Maybe a nonpreferable solution lies in altering fme's gml config-files??

Badge +16

My problem following takashi's suggesion is that the gml:boundedBy-tag is no attribute that can be deleted using the xmlUpdater. I'll try another type of GML-writer instead to transfer my data to IMKL2015 application schema. Maybe a nonpreferable solution lies in altering fme's gml config-files??

I seem to remember using the XML Templater to create the result gml and not the writer, this gives you total control over the resulting schema. However it is initially more work....

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

If my understanding is correct, the "gml:boundedBy" is an XML element and I therefore think the XMLUpdater can be used to delete the element easily. This is a simplified example.

thanks a lot @takashi,

your solution works. I mad a mistake implementing the first time, but the example helped.

Regards.

Badge +6

@bas_boers Another way to do this is to create a FeatureCollection feature and make sure it has no boundedBy geometry on it. Or you can set the boundedBy geometry to null and that should cause it to be dropped. This works as of FME 2017.0. See outboundedbytest.zip