Skip to main content

Hi @giusmaldera,

Here are a couple of resources to help get you started with this workflow:

I would highly recommend checking out these resources and then playing with the .shp reader, CoordinateExtractor and LAS writer. Happy FME-ing!

Hi @giusmaldera, I think you can just use the PointCloudCombiner to transform the multiple 3D point geometries into a single point cloud. You can then write it into a file with the LAS writer.

Thank you both! I have converted successfully a shapefile in LAS format, using this model:

I would like to have some attribute of the shapefile in the LAS file.Is this possibile?

Thank you very much

Thank you both! I have converted successfully a shapefile in LAS format, using this model:

I would like to have some attribute of the shapefile in the LAS file.Is this possibile?

Thank you very much
I don't think you need to use the CoordinateExtractor here.

You can preserve attributes of individual points as components, if necessary. See the "Attributes to Preserve as Components" section in the PointCloudCombiner parameters, and also see here to learn what components the LAS format supports.

FME Readers and Writers > ASPRS LiDAR Data Exchange Format (LAS) Reader/Writer > Quick Facts

This page might also be helpful.

FME Workbench > FME Geometry Model > Point Clouds (IFMEPointCloud)

Thank you very much
Thank you takashi, I modified the model:

These are the parameters I am using:

But in the final Las I do not have those attributes :-(

Can you please help me?

Thank you

Thank you takashi, I modified the model:

These are the parameters I am using:

But in the final Las I do not have those attributes :-(

Can you please help me?

Thank you

HI.

I have the same problem as well. My .las file does not have the attributes of my shp file.

Did you manage to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Sebastian