Skip to main content

Hello Everybody, I have seen some examples to open geodatabase metadata directly in FME using Feature Type Mode (metadata) but I cannot see this in FME 2016 version. I want to open the metadata of a SQL server based feature class/table's in FME and want to export it into our own metadata schema. Please guide me. Thanks

When creating the reader, specify that you want it to return the metadata rather than the features:

When creating the reader, specify that you want it to return the metadata rather than the features:

I cannot find Feature Read Mode in FME 2016...Please can you tell me the right place here to find feature read mode?

The screenshot I just posted is from FME 2016.1

If you want to read ESRI metadata, you cannot use the SQL Server reader, you'll have to use one of the ESRI ones.

If you want to read ESRI metadata, you cannot use the SQL Server reader, you'll have to use one of the ESRI ones.

Thanks, now I got it. Direct SQL server Spatial data connection does not find Feature Read Mode option while SDE Geodatabase DB finds it. I have used the connection file and now I got my metadata.

Thanks David_r

I got my XML in ESRI format, can you tell me now how can i transfer it into our own Metadata schema? Thanks

I got my XML in ESRI format, can you tell me now how can i transfer it into our own Metadata schema? Thanks

I recommend you post it as a separate question with as much technical detail as possible, be really specific about what you need. Hopefully someone can help you.