Skip to main content

I would find it helpful if it's possible in FME Desktop to search for a line that has id in my map (shape file ) ,if find it .so check the data and do something if not so do something else .

could i ask ,which type of transformer could i use for search in the map for data but iam not sure if my map will has this data or not ,just for check .

If you are using the Data Inspector, It has a Filter icon at the top. That option shows only those features that pass the test in the filter.

If you are using FME Workbench, the Tester transformer allows for this type of test. Then attach an Inspector transformer to show the features in the map.

Hope this helps.

i mean,if u have autocad file or shap file ,it has many lines and each line has his own id .

after i read this shapefile on fme ,if i want to check if this shape file has id=7 then exctract id =7 and give me more details another information included for this line .if this shape file has no id=7 then do something else .

so do we have transformer for searching for data inside the shape file and how can i give code or an order to do .Thanks for helping

If you are using the Data Inspector, It has a Filter icon at the top. That option shows only those features that pass the test in the filter.

If you are using FME Workbench, the Tester transformer allows for this type of test. Then attach an Inspector transformer to show the features in the map.

Hope this helps.

Iam using FME workbench ,I got the idea of using tester but could u help me and let me know,which transformer should i use with tester if i need to check specific data .

i read about conditional filter ,it contains tester and test filter as u said i need to use tester

i need only as beginning to check the data as the picture if it contains id1 so continue checking if it continue name louna so connect with specific transformers A,(4 transformers to do sth.)

if not,so connect with another transformers B (another 3 transformers to do something else)

but if it does not find id1 in this map so connect with Transformers B or another multiple transformerx (c as example)

but i need in any case the output without any changes just i need to check if it contains specific data or not and the output is the same map to continue connecting with another transformers.

i will be thankful if you can help me and give me an examplle ,thanks

Iam using FME workbench ,I got the idea of using tester but could u help me and let me know,which transformer should i use with tester if i need to check specific data .

i read about conditional filter ,it contains tester and test filter as u said i need to use tester

i need only as beginning to check the data as the picture if it contains id1 so continue checking if it continue name louna so connect with specific transformers A,(4 transformers to do sth.)

if not,so connect with another transformers B (another 3 transformers to do something else)

but if it does not find id1 in this map so connect with Transformers B or another multiple transformerx (c as example)

but i need in any case the output without any changes just i need to check if it contains specific data or not and the output is the same map to continue connecting with another transformers.

i will be thankful if you can help me and give me an examplle ,thanks

You can chain multiple Tester transformers or you could use the TestFilter transformer to do all in one.