Skip to main content

I have a question. I make a Projekt in FME Desktop and I want that a one of the Datareaders starts after a writer has finished his work. Is this possible? I need this, because the writer updated a table from the Reader

In that scenario you probably want to use the featureWriter/ featureReader transformers

In that scenario you probably want to use the featureWriter/ featureReader transformers

You will need to consider that sometimes, a featureWriter can report as finished whilst still writing to a file/database.

You will need to consider that sometimes, a featureWriter can report as finished whilst still writing to a file/database.

I would use the exiting summary feature to verify via sql that all is written before continuing and reading.
I would use the exiting summary feature to verify via sql that all is written before continuing and reading.
The exiting summary can be written prior to all the features actually being written, particularly if writing to something like Oracle. Just something to be aware of, I always use an sqlexecutor to check the rowcount and only continue the workspace if this matches the written features in the exit summary

Thank you for the help. I will add a sqlexecutor to check the oracle db.