Skip to main content
Hi,

I want to use the FMX GoogleGeocoder but when I open it in workbench It say that my "AttributeCreator" doesn't have the right version (in FME 2013) and if I try it in FME 2012, It says my HTTP fetcher is not right too.

I need to build back the attributcreator for the "GG_FullAddress".

Any Idea how is the syntax?

thanks
Hi,

according to the transformer description, the GoogleGeocoder requires FME 2014:

David
I know but when I place it in my FME 2013, I need to replace an attributeCreator and I dont have the parameter for the AttributeCreator.   Any Idea? can you tell me whats is created by the AttributeCreator, I'm shure I can re-create the same with FME 2013... AttributeCreator is not a transformer very very special!

thanks!
Hi

I'm not quite sure I agree with your assessment of the AttributeCreator, it has some very interesting functionality (multiple feature attribute support) that was introduced in, you guessed it, FME 2014 🙂 But of course it isn't a given that these new functions are used here, only an in-depth analysis of the custom transformer could tell.

I suggest you install FME 2014 ( it is no problem to have several versions installed on the same pc as long as you install to separate directories) and have a look at it to evaluate the feasability of back-porting it to FME 2013.

David
Install FME 2014 - not an option here...  Big Business, Big TI, No admin for me.

If you could just have tell me what the attributecreator create for the "GG_FullAddress"...

That would be nice!
Hi,

here you go.

David
Thank You David!

It works in FME 2013.  I have a last demand on this :

I still need another Transformer to "adapt" into the GoogleGeocoder : 

I need the AttirbuteCreator for the "encodedsignature" !

Can you do the same again!

Very appreciated, thank you!

I have a google key and like to use it too.

Thanks again!
Hi,

that's easy, "encodedsignature" is set to an empty string. The value for this attribute is set in the following PythonCaller.

David