Skip to main content

Hey everyone,

There's been several topics on reading Civil 3D Property Sets on the FME forum, and according to the release notes for FME 2019 it seems that the the new version offers now this possibility. So I upgraded to FME 2019.2 but I now have a problem with the reader itself.

Indeed when I try to read a Civil 3D dwg file with the same parameters as with FME2018 I've got this fatal error :

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve it or of where it could come from ?

By using an ACAD reader it works properly but of course I don't have the extended properties which are on Civil.

Thanks by advance,

Clem

Hi @clem_lx,

Sorry to hear you've encountered this. We'll need to look into this. Are you able to share your workspace that worked in 2018 as well as the Civil 3D file with us?

If you cannot share it on the forum, please submit a case to us on the support team here.

Thank you!

Andrea

Hi @clem_lx,

Sorry to hear you've encountered this. We'll need to look into this. Are you able to share your workspace that worked in 2018 as well as the Civil 3D file with us?

If you cannot share it on the forum, please submit a case to us on the support team here.

Thank you!

Andrea

Hey @andreaatsafe,

Thanks for the answer. Concerning the workspace nothing really special to share I just used a Civil3D reader to see how the extended properties are read but it doesn't work. I used those parameters :

I'll send the Civil file to the support team.

Thank you for your answer,

Clem

Hey @andreaatsafe,

Thanks for the answer. Concerning the workspace nothing really special to share I just used a Civil3D reader to see how the extended properties are read but it doesn't work. I used those parameters :

I'll send the Civil file to the support team.

Thank you for your answer,

Clem

Hi @clem_lx,

Perfect! I appreciate you sharing the parameters you used - that was the purpose of asking for the workspace to see the parameters.

I've received the support case with the file and have filed an issue (FMEENGINE-62635).

- Andrea

Hi @clem_lx,

Perfect! I appreciate you sharing the parameters you used - that was the purpose of asking for the workspace to see the parameters.

I've received the support case with the file and have filed an issue (FMEENGINE-62635).

- Andrea

Hi andrea,

Great to hear, looking forward to have some news.

Have a good day,

Clem

This issue has been resolved for @clem_lx's file he shared with us.

This was resolved in the latest FME 2020.1 beta: www.safe.com/beta

If you are encountering an error using the latest beta, please submit a support case here with the associated file.