Skip to main content
OK this has been asked before but the answers I've seen did not resolve the issue. Has anyone encountered this error message when running FME Server?

Unable to perform any licensing related tasks.  This is a 64-bit version of FME which requires a 64-bit version of ArcGIS Server

What makes this strange is they are both 64 bit versions. Is this an ArcGIS setup issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tony
As both applications are 64-bit there should indeed be no problems as the ArcGIS dll's will be 64-bit.

There's a trick though, as outlined in:

http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/Error_Unexpected_Behavior/SDE-Libraries-for-64-bit-FME-reading-64-bit-SDE

Double check the environment variables that they are pointing to the correct ArcGIS installation, that the ArcGIS 64-bit dll's are on the same machine, and set up a SDEHOME environment variable if all else fails.
Thanks Kathy I will pass this on to our GIS Manager and I'll let you know if it resolves the issue. Thank you for taking the time to answer the question ... It is greatly appreciated!!!

Tony
I am having the same problem. We have 64 bit FME and 64 bit ArcGIS Server. They are both on different servers. After digging I tried the solution to install the ArcObjects library on the FME server machine and direct the SDEHOME to that library. Still doesnt work!! I have tested demo workspaces, simple workspaces and all manner of possibilities. When I run it locally it works fine. When I publish the workspace I get the above error on each and every workspace accessing our SDE databases. I have been trying to get this resolved with the tech support folks for weeks and am still without answers. So I'm looking further afield. Anyone have any suggestions? Our workflow is completely stopped until this is resolved.
Jaxelrod ... All I know is the issue was completely resolved when we made sure all ArcGIS and FME stuff were installed on the same server. That resolved our issues.