Skip to main content
Hello,

A similar quesiotn to this has been asked (by  me 🙂 ) but I am having trouble getting a FME Server to use a certain engine when the value of "Engine 2" has been set in a parameter or passed to a parameter to a called Workbench.

Via FME Server, I have a workbench that displays parameters to the user for certain info, this workbench then runs the transformer FMEServerJobSubmitter setting the values of the 2nd workbench.

The 2nd workbench has a parameter of fmeInstance. Doesn't seems to make any difference if I set the parameter or pass the parameter.

If I rung the second workbench directly, it runs on Engine2 correctly.

Any ideas?
Hi Goochy,

The fmeInstance parameter in FME Server 2012 is what we call a  TM Parameter or Transformation Parameter so a parameter used by the FME Server core rather than an FME parameter (a parameter of a workspace). So it won't work to set it as an FME parameter.  And I'm afraid it was not possible to set TM parameters in the FMEServerJobSubmitter in FME 2012 although it is in FME Server 2013.

There is a a workaround:

Get the URL to run the Job from the WebUI using the configure page of the workspace

Use the HTTPFetcher in the first workspace to fetch this URL and include the tm parameter like this:

http://host/fmejobsubmitter/Samples/austinApartments.fmw?opt_servicemode=sync&tm_fmeInstance=Engine1&...all your FME parameters

Not sure if this helps you but in FME Server 2013 we have a much simpler approach to Job Routing.

G'day,

Finally got around to trying the HTTPFetcher out, and yes it worked but I had to add credentials that I don't want public, and another workbench I needed this to work with, has a loop that generates a possible table to use, so I need the FMEServerJobSubmitter to work to tell me if the called workbench was successful or not.

Might have to take the plunge and try 2013 out.