Skip to main content

As soon as I try to fan out data to windows folders the KMLStyler no longer works. I expect the "Style" feature is no longer written to the KML file at all. I have no idea how to fix this. I have a simple example which works when I remove fan out. I fan out to a folder based on an attribute in a clipper and create a kml in that folder with the a name using fme_feature_type. Thanks in advance, Ian

Hello @ian2016 would you be able to share your workspace with us?

Thanks for your reply, I attach the workspace, the data is too big, but the inputs are just 2 polygon datasets, one clips the other and fans out to a folder based on an attribute from the clipper. When I don't fan out the styler works.

Since I do not have the data, it is a bit difficult for me to look at the problem. Could you please try to fan out with a different Attribute?

Would you be able to share the data as well?

You have set an attribute called "ABBREV_NAME" to the Fanout Expression for the KML writer, but the features coming from the KMLStyler transformers don't have the attribute. I think it's the reason why the features won't be written into your desired destination KML dataset.

Thanks for your responses, I attach a workspace that uses data small enough to attach along with the data.

I would just like to give an update. As takashi says, the problem is to do with not having the fan out attribute in the stylers. I have disabled the creator and fed in the feature type with the fan out attribute directly into the Stylers and then removed the geometry before outputting to the Style (of the kml). This seems to work. Could someone shed light on whether this is the best way to do this?

Thanks again

Ian

Since I do not have the data, it is a bit difficult for me to look at the problem. Could you please try to fan out with a different Attribute?

@ian2016

You are looking for the 'Somerset' features using the Tester in the "ABBREV_NAME" which are missing or not available.

Thanks, I have removed the tester and with my latest answer it seems I needed to introduce the fanout attribute into the stylers

Thanks, I have removed the tester and with my latest answer it seems I needed to introduce the fanout attribute into the stylers

Glad you manged to solve it.

I would just like to give an update. As takashi says, the problem is to do with not having the fan out attribute in the stylers. I have disabled the creator and fed in the feature type with the fan out attribute directly into the Stylers and then removed the geometry before outputting to the Style (of the kml). This seems to work. Could someone shed light on whether this is the best way to do this?

Thanks again

Ian

I would remove the creator, and trigger that part of the workspace from the LGA input - duplicate filter to keep just one instance for each ABBREV_NAM and send that into the styling part of the workflow