Skip to main content

I created a workbench to translate from Smallworld to GeoDatabase. In my Smallworld reader, I've specified to export the difference between a checkpoint (base) and an alternative. The difference between the alternative and the base (checkpoint) was 1 insert and 1 update. I used the AttributeCreator transformer to inspect the fmd_db_operation for insert, then insert the object into the GeoDatabase writer. However, it treat both records as insert and inserted both records (the insert & the update) into the GeoDatabase writer.

From your explanation I'm missing one setting in the writer: Have you changed the "Feature Operation" in your writer to "fme_db_operation"?
@oscard tip is a good one. Add a Data Inspector to your workspace, directly after the Smallworld reader feature type. You should see the fme_db_operation and it's value as either INSERT or UPDATE. If you don't then we'll have to look at the *top* checkpoint and the alternative you are working with.

From your explanation I'm missing one setting in the writer: Have you changed the "Feature Operation" in your writer to "fme_db_operation"?
@oscard tip is a good one. Add a Data Inspector to your workspace, directly after the Smallworld reader feature type. You should see the fme_db_operation and it's value as either INSERT or UPDATE. If you don't then we'll have to look at the *top* checkpoint and the alternative you are working with.

@oscard, @MarkAtSafe, thanks for your comment. I was able to figure this out yesterday afternoon. When I initially setup the translation, it was an initial translation of the whole table that I used the AttributeCreator transformer to transform the data. It seems like that was not the right transformer to use when I need to do my incremental insert/updates which is what was happening here. So substituting AttributeFilter for AttributeCreator is able to filter the Inserts & Updates.

However, my reader where I have specified to export from baseline is not able to identify deletes. Please see if you are able to give me some insights on my question at https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/64124/how-to-identify-deleted-objects-from-smallworld-re.html

Thanks!