Skip to main content

When you view an fgdb mosaic dataset in ArcMap, the footprint and boundary are features that are shown and editable. I can read the fgdb raster dataset in FME but I can't figure out how to access the footprint and boundary datasets. Is this data accessible?

Hi @swach

Accessing the boundary or footprints for an Esri mosaic dataset is not currently natively supported. There is an existing enhancement request for accessing raster footprints of Esri raster mosaic datasets. I will attach this post to the enhancement request.

The raster mosaic boundary is stored as a feature class in the Geodatabase. As a workaround, you can manually specify the name of the boundary feature class in either the Tables parameter of either Esri Raster Dataset or File Geodatabase reader. You can find the name of the boundary by adding the mosaic dataset in ArcGIS Desktop or Pro and accessing the properties of the layer.

For footprints, it should be possible to use the BoundingBoxReplacer transformer and generate the raster footprints.

Hi @swach

Accessing the boundary or footprints for an Esri mosaic dataset is not currently natively supported. There is an existing enhancement request for accessing raster footprints of Esri raster mosaic datasets. I will attach this post to the enhancement request.

The raster mosaic boundary is stored as a feature class in the Geodatabase. As a workaround, you can manually specify the name of the boundary feature class in either the Tables parameter of either Esri Raster Dataset or File Geodatabase reader. You can find the name of the boundary by adding the mosaic dataset in ArcGIS Desktop or Pro and accessing the properties of the layer.

For footprints, it should be possible to use the BoundingBoxReplacer transformer and generate the raster footprints.

Ok, thanks. The reason I need to access them natively is because they are custom generated and I want to work with that generated geometry. The BoundingBoxReplacer doesn't work for that. The boundary workaround might help though.