Skip to main content

I tried to read data from postgis reader and write to a geojson file. I only use two translators, a postgis reader and a geojson writer.

I encounter the "Error running translation." every time when feature number is about 40,000,000. I only use two translators, a postgis reader and a geojson writer. The translation seems to have no issue if the feature number is around 10,000,000. There was no other error message.

I also tried to turn on the debug log but still had the same error message.

I am using FME(R) 2019.2.1.0 (20191202 - Build 19813 - macosx).

Thank you!

Just out of curiosity, how useful is a GeoJSON file with 40+ million objects, and how humongous is it?

Just out of curiosity, how useful is a GeoJSON file with 40+ million objects, and how humongous is it?

I am using this geojson to create vector tiles for a map layer. The file with 35 million objects is around 30G.

I am using this geojson to create vector tiles for a map layer. The file with 35 million objects is around 30G.

Is it imperative that you have all the data in a single file, or would it be possible to split the data up over several files, let's say 10 million/file?

Is it imperative that you have all the data in a single file, or would it be possible to split the data up over several files, let's say 10 million/file?

Thank you for your suggestion. That's what I am doing now and it doesn't give me error.