Skip to main content

Hello, i’m triying to insert / delete data in a table using Geodatabase connection in the writer but it shows this error message while insert : 

An error occurred while attempting to store a row into the table 'FCL_EQUIP'. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2146232832'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {ArcGIS-error creating a new feature !

(BaseUserSession::Application not initialized.)}

and this while delete : 

Error while deleting feature in the table/feature class 'FCL_EQUIP. The error number from ArcObjects is: '-2147217402'. The error message from ArcObjects is: {}

All edits made during the edit session were saved

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Are you able to insert and delete features through ArcPro (using the same connection credentials)?

Are you able to insert and delete features through ArcPro (using the same connection credentials)?

Yes, it works perfectly fine, but we are using ArcMap 10.6.1 instead of ArcGIS Pro.

Oh, 10.6 is very old. What version of FME are you using?

Safe looks to have updated their compatibility matrix recently and the oldest version of ArcMap (and therefore its associated libraries that are used by FME to read/write to SDE) is 10.8

https://support.safe.com/s/article/notes-on-fme-and-esri-versions-and-compatibility

Oh, 10.6 is very old. What version of FME are you using?

Safe looks to have updated their compatibility matrix recently and the oldest version of ArcMap (and therefore its associated libraries that are used by FME to read/write to SDE) is 10.8

https://support.safe.com/s/article/notes-on-fme-and-esri-versions-and-compatibility

we are using fme 2019.2 (32bits) 

Both of those versions of software are well out of support. My first suggestion would be to upgrade to newer versions and see if the issue still exists.

If that is not possible I’d be looking to make sure the geometry your passing is valid, the schema of the feature is correct. I’d also look to try on a fresh feature class to rule out and relationships or joins that may be causing problems