Skip to main content
Hello,

I'm converting ArcGIS geodatabase annotations to text within a block using a dwg model.

Everything works ok except that AutoCAD (several versions 2010-2015) does not apply the text justification. The text property is recognized by AutoCAD but for some reason, it is not graphically applied as you can see in the image below.

When I click that Justification dropdown and reselect the same choice (middle-center), then the text aligns in the center of the triangle.

What needs to be done in FME for the justification to be taken into account by ACAD ?

I'm using script. Here is the reader/writer snippet:

MULTI_READER $(_SDE3UserName).MOB_SL_GROUPEFEUXA              \\

geodb_text_string            %text_value                                                  \\

ANGLE                        %angle_value                                                  \\

ANNOTATIONCLASSID            %ref_name                                        

DWG MOB_SL_GroupeFeux                                                                               \\

autocad_attributes          $(DEFAULT_STORAGE)                                             \\

autocad_entity              autocad_insert                                                             \\

@SupplyAttributes(autocad_block_name, @Lookup(GroupeFeux, %ref_name))    \\

autocad_rotation            %angle_value                                                              \\

NUMERO-DU-GR-DE-FEU            %text_value                                                  \\

autocad_justification        autocad_middle_center

Hi,

I would highly recommend that you migrate your script to a proper workbench file. The old scripts are difficult to maintain and to debug, and the number of people invested in this is dwindling.

But to try and help: In FME Workbench, insert a DWGStyler transformer, set the appropriate text properties and send the output to a Logger/Inspector to see what is generated. You might be able to use this to update your script.

David