Skip to main content

Hello,

I needed to decompose my .dgn file in to .shp to get all the layers by them selves. After that, I used line closer --->>> area builder in order to finish my polygons.

That is where my problem starts. When I do this from my personal laptop I get good result and when I click on inspect, I can see that results are good, but if I try to do the same on my computer on my work, I am facing a problem that says following:

"During translation, some features were read that did not match a reader feature type in the workspace. This can happen if the reader dataset is changed, or a reader feature type removed or renamed."

I don't understand why am I getting this message when I did make sure that reader hasn't changed, neither was removed or renamed.

Thank You in advance for every possible help.

With respect,

Dejan

Hi @maliodpalube

Every time FME reads a dataset, it checks the feature types inside that dataset to ensure that they are all defined within the workspace schema. If there are feature types that exist in the dataset, but do not exist in the workspace, then features are classed as "unexpected" and filtered out by a function called the Unexpected Input Remover.

Is it possible that the file you are trying to read on your work computer has extra Levels/Layers which may not have been present when adding the adding the reader while on your lap top? If you want this message to go away you can either delete and re-add the reader to the workspace. Or alternatively use the 'Import Feature Types'. This will have FME Workbench re-scan the dgn file for any missing layers/levels.

You can read a little more about it here in our training document.