Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to convert several CityGML models to FGDB. While I have been able to convert more than half, by using the same workflow and changing nothing, there are some particular models that the translation fails, without any real explanation from the log, as you can see in the attached figure.

I do not create or use any OBJECTID attribute and the Writer's User attributes do not contain it by default. As I said, I am using the same workflow for all models and I have successfully written the rest of them. I realize this is not very enlighting information, but this is what the Log produces.

Any ideas appreciated 🙂

Kind regards,

George

Hmmm, looks like some kind of crash to me. Could be geometry related but this should be reported to support. https://www.safe.com/support/ You could try a GeometryValidator. You could also try writing out to a different format (like 3DS) and see if the crash is limited to the Geodatabase writer.

Be sure to test the workflow using the most up-to-date version of FME. Crashes are not very fun.

Hi @georgefloros: Would you be willing to share your FME workspace and a sample CityGML model that failed with us here (saving your workspace as a Template will give you the option of including your data in the resulting .fmwt file)? Alternatively, if you are working with any sensitive information, you can open up a support case with us as @virtualcitymatt suggested.

Hi @georgefloros: Would you be willing to share your FME workspace and a sample CityGML model that failed with us here (saving your workspace as a Template will give you the option of including your data in the resulting .fmwt file)? Alternatively, if you are working with any sensitive information, you can open up a support case with us as @virtualcitymatt suggested.

Hi @georgefloros: I noticed that you already opened up a support case with us. Thank you! I'm hoping someone from our our team will follow-up with you shortly.

@virtualcitymatt apparently the crash occurred due to the type of tests I implemented using GeometryValidator. Everything works fine now, but I believe it is still a bug since it worked for some models, but not for others. Thank you!

@virtualcitymatt apparently the crash occurred due to the type of tests I implemented using GeometryValidator. Everything works fine now, but I believe it is still a bug since it worked for some models, but not for others. Thank you!

Hi @georgefloros,

Thanks for the update!