Skip to main content

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a workflow for creating LoD2 CityGML from a shapefile of building footprints (and forcing a height attribute) and I am struggling with few issues. I would like to have the buildings composed of wall, roof and floor surfaces but I haven't been able to work out how to compose the surfaces within a single building while also generating the relevant semantic feature types for these surfaces. I'm aiming for something similar to what I want is the LoD2 sample in CityGML 2.0 examples: http://schemas.opengis.net/citygml/examples/2.0/building/Building_LOD2-EPSG25832.gmlSo far, I am simply offsetting a the shapefile to create floor and roof geometries. I also generate a UUID for an gml_id (for the Building) which I thought I could reference from the roof and floor surfaces LoD2 features in order to nest them. However, upon running the workspace, it appears only the Building feature is written out and the RoofSurface and FloorSurface features are ignored.

Can anyone identify what I should be doing? Or point me to a relevant workspace for this? All the workspaces I have found in the forum are either for simple LoD 1 buildings (no roof/ wall semantics) or start from IFC.

I have attached my workspace.

Thanks

Hi Julian,

The gml_parent_id for the RoofSurface and FloorSurface need to point back to the gml_id of the Building, e.g.,

Buildling -> gml_id : "id-building-1", then

RoofSurface -> gml_parent_id : "id-building-1", and

FloorSurface -> gml_parent_id : ""id-building-1".

Regards,

Juan

Hi Julian,

The gml_parent_id for the RoofSurface and FloorSurface need to point back to the gml_id of the Building, e.g.,

Buildling -> gml_id : "id-building-1", then

RoofSurface -> gml_parent_id : "id-building-1", and

FloorSurface -> gml_parent_id : ""id-building-1".

Regards,

Juan

Also make sure that the gml_id for the Building, RoofSurface and FloorSurface are unique, I don't think you'll need to set them for the child RoofSurface and FloorSurface, the CityGML writer may auto generate the gml_id, but you do need it for the Building as it's need to be referenced by the gml_parent_id

Thank you. Yes, I had not been assigning the gml_parent_id correctly. I had been creating a new attribute called gml_parent_id and then assigning that the gml_id. However, instead I needed to use AttributeRenamer transformer to rename the gml_id to gml_parent_id in the child roof / floor / wall surfaces workflows.

Thank you. Yes, I had not been assigning the gml_parent_id correctly. I had been creating a new attribute called gml_parent_id and then assigning that the gml_id. However, instead I needed to use AttributeRenamer transformer to rename the gml_id to gml_parent_id in the child roof / floor / wall surfaces workflows.

Can you give me fixed file? thanks

Hi Julian!

I am having the same problems you got when building a working FME workbench for the CityGML format. It is taking me a loong time to get this working.. Is that possible for you to share the one you built? Here is my email abel.gonzalez.c"at"gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Abel

I am quite new to FME.

How can I generate CityGML file with number of storey attribute values from shp file?

Could you share the .fmw file?

Thanks!

I am quite new to FME.

How can I generate CityGML file with number of storey attribute values from shp file?

Could you share the .fmw file?

Thanks!

Hi @ajgzzc. Have you taken a look at the workspace included in the question, as well as the response from juanchuchow1323?

If you have further questions, I would suggest posting your question as a new question as you will likely get more responses this way. Including the following details in the new question will help the FME community help you. Please provide details including:

• The version of FME you are using, including build number and edition
  • A small sample of your data, or screenshots of the data in the FME Data Inspector
  • A description of your expected output, with screenshots if possible
  • Your FME workspace
  • Your FME translation log file
  • Any other information that may be useful to share
As you are new to FME, I would suggest you review some FME Tutorials.

Kind regards,

Natalie

Please share me the fixed .fmw at

Thanks in advance!