Skip to main content

Hi folks

I created a "choice multiple (with alias)" parameter, for several writer's format (MID-MID, DWG ...)

and I would try to use with a Generic Format Writer, for instance, to produce a DWG and a MIF-MID simultaneously.

when I choose more than one format, it do not work.

Is it normal ? I attach the workspace

regards

Yes, I'm pretty sure this is normal behaviour. A Generic writer can only write one format at a time.

Maybe not the solution you are looking for, but having the same issue I resolved it this way:

Using the published "choice multiple" parameter, I used Tester transformers to check if the format was in the parameter.

Then I used the actual writers for the different formats (gives you more control than the Generic writer).

So if Tester (test format contains ACAD) passed, then use the DWG writer.

Another Tester (test format contains CSV) passed, then use the CSV writer.

And so on.

Not as flexible as the Generic writer, but got the workspace to write out multiple formats at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Maybe not the solution you are looking for, but having the same issue I resolved it this way:

Using the published "choice multiple" parameter, I used Tester transformers to check if the format was in the parameter.

Then I used the actual writers for the different formats (gives you more control than the Generic writer).

And so on.

Not as flexible as the Generic writer, but got the workspace to write out multiple formats at the same time.

Hope this helps.

I like that solution!

And so on.

Hope this helps.

Thanx a lot ! I will try in this project.

And so on.

Hope this helps.

I've tried the solution, and it worked pretty well, thanx again.