Skip to main content

Morning all

I am trying to check some DGN files are to a correct standard, i have to check each dgn file has the correct level names, Even if the level names are not used.

Is this possible, or does FME only see the DGN Levels (fme_Featue_type) that are used.

I have used an excel list that contains all the level names, added the DGN file to check. Hooked these up to a feature merger, that outputs two excel lists. Missing Levels and used levels.

however a empty DGN that just contains a line on "Default" level, fails the test, even tho it has all the correct levels set up, Even tho they are not used?

I hope this makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Using FME Workbench 2018.1

Reading DGN V8 Files and CSV

Your workflow is good but FME can only read the level names from levels that actually have features on them.

Your workflow is good but FME can only read the level names from levels that actually have features on them.

Thought so, makes sense, that you #redgeographics

To check all levels in the DGN file you could use the Schema Reader instead of the actual DGN reader.

The Schema reader does not read the data, but reads the definition of the data and will list all levels in the DGN file.

You can find more information here.