Skip to main content

Can I use something similar to update and ERSI File Geodatabase. I am trying to use the fme_db_operation but no data is being updated

Hi @ian2016, make sure that the writer feature type parameters have been set appropriately for updating the table. The issue could become clear if you posted the screenshot of the Format Parameters tab of your gdb writer feature type.

doc1.pdfHi Takashi, I attach a screenshot. I am trying to update Weight and Rate attributes for all rows in the table. I also get an error when I try to update a Score attribute (calculated from the new Weight and Rate - "attribute has been dropped"). Thanks for your help. The script appears to run successfully.

doc1.pdfHi Takashi, I attach a screenshot. I am trying to update Weight and Rate attributes for all rows in the table. I also get an error when I try to update a Score attribute (calculated from the new Weight and Rate - "attribute has been dropped"). Thanks for your help. The script appears to run successfully.

The parameters seem to be configured correctly for updating the table. I think this writer feature type should work to update every existing record having a pair of Weight and Rate that matches an input feature. Have you checked if matched records exist in the table?

Hi @ian2016, the way you have it set up now means that where the values of rate and weight are the same an update will take place.

I think that it's not what you intend to achieve.

The matched columns is where you usually specify an attribute (such as an id) that exists in the target and input tables.

By leaving only the weight and rate attributes in your writer feature type and using the id in your matched coloumns the update on the target table will take place.

Hope this helps.

Hi @ian2016, the way you have it set up now means that where the values of rate and weight are the same an update will take place.

I think that it's not what you intend to achieve.

The matched columns is where you usually specify an attribute (such as an id) that exists in the target and input tables.

By leaving only the weight and rate attributes in your writer feature type and using the id in your matched coloumns the update on the target table will take place.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, as you say not understanding what was needed, I added the object id to the match columns and removed Weight and Rate