Skip to main content

I have FME and ArcGIS Pro installed. Can I extend FME into ArcGIS Pro?

FME cannot extend into ArcGIS Pro but FME can extend into ArcGIS Desktop. For a list of the supported applications, please see our documentation page: About the FME Integration Console.

Esri does offer a Data Interoperability extension.

FME cannot extend into ArcGIS Pro but FME can extend into ArcGIS Desktop. For a list of the supported applications, please see our documentation page: About the FME Integration Console.

Do I understand correctly, that FME uses some features/libraries of ArcGIS Pro? As far as I understand for FME and ArcGIS to talk to each other they have to be either both 32-bit or 64-bit. So if FME is 64-bit, ArcGIS Pro (that is 64-bit) has to be installed, to use e.g. EsriReprojector.

Do I understand correctly, that FME uses some features/libraries of ArcGIS Pro? As far as I understand for FME and ArcGIS to talk to each other they have to be either both 32-bit or 64-bit. So if FME is 64-bit, ArcGIS Pro (that is 64-bit) has to be installed, to use e.g. EsriReprojector.

That is correct.

David and Tia gave good responses but FWIW, while FME cannot extend ArcGIS Pro in the same sense as it can other ArcGIS Desktop applications, it is possible to use FMEObjects laid down by FME (or Data Interoperability) via compatible Python installs. An example is here.

@TiaAtSafe

Hi Tia,

just a short question: Is it generelly intended to extend FME to ArcGIS Pro in the same way like it was for ArcGIS Desktop in future versions of FME?

FMElizard,

Has there been any more development on this since original question in 2017 ???

Upvote Idea found at link below if u would find this usfeul:

https://community.safe.com/s/idea/0874Q000000j0J0QAI/detail

Regards

Howard L'