Skip to main content

Hi everybody!

Have you ever heard of ARCHIBUS? As far as I understand it should be a web platform for managing Real Estate, Infrastructure & Facilities assets. According to their website (https://www.archibus.com/):

"ARCHIBUS reduces complexity
through native business intelligence. ARCHIBUS turns BIM, GIS and
Mobile into powerhouses that accelerate understanding of your real
estate portfolio, workspaces, and operations, and speeds business
processes"

Any idea about what kind of data they use? Would it be possible to integrate that with FME?

Thanks a lot in advance for any tip you can give!

It looks like they use a number of formats. I did a search of our systems and the only hits I got involved users converting AutoCAD DWG (Archibus was mentioned in the path the DWG was stored in) and IFC. Besides that, I don't see any mention of that technology anywhere else. We certainly haven't got an enhancement request filed with our developers or any plans to implement anything.

I see from their web site that they have a set of third party tools, so presumably there is an SDK of some sort available that you could integrate FME using. Any they have a hosted version, so perhaps there's opportunity to create an FME web service that connects to their online datastores?

If it's a case of just reading/writing data, then FME should integrate fairly well. Do they have an evaluation version you can install?

But that's all I've got. Hopefully someone else here might have more info?

It looks like they use a number of formats. I did a search of our systems and the only hits I got involved users converting AutoCAD DWG (Archibus was mentioned in the path the DWG was stored in) and IFC. Besides that, I don't see any mention of that technology anywhere else. We certainly haven't got an enhancement request filed with our developers or any plans to implement anything.

I see from their web site that they have a set of third party tools, so presumably there is an SDK of some sort available that you could integrate FME using. Any they have a hosted version, so perhaps there's opportunity to create an FME web service that connects to their online datastores?

If it's a case of just reading/writing data, then FME should integrate fairly well. Do they have an evaluation version you can install?

But that's all I've got. Hopefully someone else here might have more info?

Thanks a lot @Mark2AtSafe! This is very helpful!