Skip to main content

Hello

I find this workbench on this website and i try to use it with FME 2024. It doesn’t work with the new version and i would like to know what is the issue. Could you please explain ?

Thanks a lot

Hi @flying_squirrel.  I see that you are using the files that are associated with this article.  This workspace seems to be pretty old, created with FME 2014.  I ran the workspace in FME 2024 and it seems to have worked. 

Can you please describe what specifically isn’t working, and/or provide screenshots?  Could you also please send us your log file after you try running the workspace in FME 2024?

Hi @nampreetatsafe 

I have updated all the transformers with FME 2024, if i remebered. I will do this task tomorrow and send you the log files and the results obtained.

To summarize what isn't working, it seems that the aggregation doesn't work with FME 2024. With FME 2017, it's working well. 

The workbench i send you in an other topic  has the same behaviour when you launched it with FME 2017. It works fine. But with FME 2024, the branch " annotations" with the XML-TEMPLATER transformer goes wrong. The file in output isn't well writed. 

But it's not the same as the Airport one. I work with a reader in AIXM 4.5 and i work on the Runway. I took the same idea as you did for the airport and write an AIXM 5 XML file in output.

Thanks you for the analysis. 

Hi everyone,

It’s a beautiful day

Don’t let it get away

So, I give you attached to this message the logfiles and output files written in AIXM 5.

You’ll see there is a difference between the initial files ( FME 2014 and FME 2017) and the one produced with FME 2024.

In the FME 2024 version, the output file is written but the <aixm:responsibleOrganisation> disappears like a charm without saying Goodbye 

I don’t know the reason why this behaviour is observed with the 2024 version. Probably you could go deepther to analysis and give a feedback.

I also mentioned i don’t touch at the initial workbench produced with FME 2014 even if there is a lot of transformers which aren’t update. The same observation goes for the reader and writer transformers whic aren’t up to date. I only push the run button and let it do the job.

The logfiles don’t seem to give a lot of informations to understand the issue.

Have a beautiful day ( oooh ooh)

And don’t let it get away

Hi everyone,

I will try to rewrite the workgench with the FME 2024 version. I will be glad if you could give a feedback on the issue i mentioned above.

1. What is the reason the workbench didn’t have the same behaviour with the FME 2017 and the FME 2024 versions ?
  2. If we want to take some parts of the workgench and apply it to write AIXM 5.1 files, it would be better to upgrade the transformers than keeping old versions of them

It seems that some samples given in the documentation aren’t up to date, written with an older version of FME, and it would be nice to have a look at all the stuff. Could it be possible to your team to do the job, or is it possible to create a team in the way of getting all the samples up to date ? An idea with the community’s guys ?

Bye Bye