Question

What causes the following error - "Could not retrieve schema for table" when using the Joiner transformer?

• 23 February 2016
  • 2 replies

I am trying to join a SQL Server table to source features originating from an SDE geodatabase. I am able to configure the transformer, but cannot execute the workspace.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hi

I have a few thoughts.

Can you read the SQL Server data using a Reader? That will help diagnose whether the problem is in reading the data in general or just with the Joiner transformer.

Are you running it on the same computer you are creating the workspace, or are you running it on FME Server (for example) where the permissions might be different, or it might be a different FME version?

In general I can see a few cases in support with this error. Most of them turn out to be incorrect connection info. Can you post your log file here? Or send it to our support team (safe.com/support) and ask them to look at it. I suspect it will provide the answer to the issue,

Regards

Mark

Hi,

Yes. I can read the SQL Server data using a Reader.

I am running FME Desktop on one computer and connecting to two different databases on separate computers.

With respect to "incorrect connection info", I focused on the Joiner transformer parameters. By changing to Embed Connection Parameters and providing valid credentials, I was able to successfully execute the workspace.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards, Mike