Question

Join lines on specific points

• 14 March 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hello together

I have a network with lines and points and i want to join the lines on specific points.

In the picture you can see the network. Now i want to combine/aggregate the lines between the big green points. In the end i want to have 3 lines: C4 → A1, B5 → A1 and A1 → A2

I tried a couple of transfomers: Intersector, TopologyBuilder, SpatialRelator, NeighborFinder etc, but couldnt find a solution. Does someone have an idea?

Thanks!

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Use the LineCombiner. Old name = LineJoiner :-)

Badge +1

Doesnt work. Expand the picture with another line and point to A3 from A2. So I need a line from A1 → A2 and another one from A2 → A3. With the LineCombiner I get A1→ A3

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

There ist no point A3 on your picture. Can you share data to test?

Badge +1

I meant virtually, there is another point.

I extended the example. New picture and data is in the attachments. The lines should be combined, except on green points.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Result of LineCombiner with data “Leitungen”:

Your point A2 is in the middle of the yellow line. You can split it with the PointOnLineOverlayer.

Badge +1

I didn't know that the PointOnLineOverlayer splits the lines at points. Thank you very much!

But unfortunately this idea doesn't help me either, because my problem gets even bigger afterwards. But yes, your idea works! I should better describe the entire problem in the next post and not just a small part of it. But it is relatively complicated. My mistake.

The problem with this solution is that I need the individual IDs of the lines between the green dots. But now I also have the IDs of the lines between for example A2 > A3 and A3 > A4.

My current solution, which works quite well, is that I create a short line of 1mm to the north at each green point. Then comes the LineCombiner which can no longer connect the lines on a green point, because of the 1mm line and after that I delete the 1mm line again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

My current solution, which works quite well, is that I create a short line of 1mm to the north at each green point. Then comes the LineCombiner which can no longer connect the lines on a green point, because of the 1mm line and after that I delete the 1mm line again.

A second solution. Another: TopologyBuilder. There are many ways.