Skip to main content
Question

Intersector

• 10 December 2012
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I need a transform that dish points to where a line intersects a polygon. I have entered Résaux road and a municipality. J'besoin the intersection. What trasformer can do this please? (FME 2010 FGDB and / or. SHP as the format.)
Hi Katy,

if I understand it correctly, FeatureReader would be a good option. If necessary, you can apply filter options and moreover do a spatial test (-> Intersect).

I hope this helps,

best regards,

Stefan 

Hi Katy - I'm sure you've answered your own question as there is a Transformer called the 'Intersector' that will do that for you. Add your data to the INPUT port and then filter the NODEs based on the type and number of intersections.
HI Stephan,

You're right, but what I need is a point to the exact spot where the segment intersects...
Hi Katy,

I see the problem. One approach could be:

First I take the Intersector, then you can use the SpatialRelator. Here you put the line feature into the Base port and the polygon into the Candidate port. In the transformer properties I set 'Tests to perform to TOUCHES'. Last step is a Tester, where I set '_related_candidates = 1'. Result is one spot where the line intersects the polygon.

Hope that helps,

Stefan

...just for additional information:

in the Intersector I used the Node output port.

Moreover I tried to create a list in the Intersector (-> Node output port). In this list I store all the adjacent elements per point. If a point and a polygon intersect, you get at least 3 intersections per point.  After that I put in a ListElementCounter and in the last step I took a Tester where I set up the following test statement "_element_count > 2" . 

Another approach could be possible with the TopologyBuilder.