Skip to main content
Hi,

Is it possible to prevent a transformer from starting until a certain writer is done?

This needs to be used in following case:

1. Read data

2. Process data

3. Write data

4. Read written data in same workbench and continue processing

Working with a workbench with workspacerunners performing the actions seperately and consecutively won't work as this needs to be executed on an FME Server with one engine (I noticed the workspacerunner searches for a second engine).

Secondly I was thinking to do the writing with an SQLexecutor instead of a writer. But it's a bit tricky to compose the writing statement everytime correctly and I was not able yet to keep the geometry when writing.

Any suggestions on this?

thx,

R.
I recently encountered the same issue while writing features to keyed Access tables. Try using the FeatureHolder. It worked for me. 

I solved a similar issue by using the workspace runner. I just wanted because I couldn't do anything after the writer
@Casey: The featureholder can (as far as I know) not hold features till a writer is finished, only wait for incomming features. If I use the SQLExecutor to write the features I will use the feature holder.

@SigTill: workspacerunners is not an option as I will work on a FME Server with one engine
I've encountered similar issues and this article seems to offer some work arounds http://fmepedia.safe.com/articles/How_To/Chain-Jobs-in-FME-Server 

As far as I can see this should still work even with just 1 FME Server Engine
@rvgeneug Were you able to find any solution for your problem mentioned above coz i'm facing a similar problem.