Question

Find all line segments from a network between end segment and the 3rd closest point along the line

• 12 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Participant
  • 0 replies

I need to pick all segments of a line (they are separate features) that go between the end of the line (the last segment, in blue below) and a point that is along the line, but which I need to define with the rule of being the 3rd closest to the end of the line. I tried to illustrate in the figure below. I managed to find the end of the line (the last segment in blue). Between the blue segment and the points A (red) and B (dark blue) there are 6 segments (separation between them are marked in black). How can I find point A and B and have the IDs of the 6 segments between the last one and the point B? Hope this is clear enough and thanks in advance.

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

I think you can use the ShortestPathFinder for this assuming your network is suitable, might be easier the other way around going From the endpoint of your blue line, To your B point. Then the Path output should return the segments in order which trace a path from your Blue to B. Pick the first 3 with a Sampler, and those are your last 3 segments from the perspective of going from B to Blue. It can be a bit to get it right, definitely check the help on that transformer.